mama said there'd be days like this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, May 11, 2001.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Ya'll sure this is the business to be in? I think tire sales might be more profitable!

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

:mad: I hear ya homer!! I bought a brand new set of tires (all 4) for my trailer, 2 weeks ago, last Friday I pulled out of the bank and hit a curb, Pow, tore the side wall out of a week old tire.
  3. HOMER

I was only about a mile from the tar store when this went down..........figured what the heck, hit the side of the road and away we went............chunkin' rubber everywhere!:)

The cars behind me thought I was losin' it!

The tire guy sure had his hands full gettin that one off! HEE HEE
  4. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Man Homer, your on a role with these pictures tonight. You trying to set a record or something.

Anyway nice tire, you did a number on that one. :eek:
  5. HOMER

I'm behind, just found the software for my scanner and got it back up and runnin'.
  6. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Oh, I see. Sounds good. :cool:
  7. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

:angry: homer thats nothing try blowing 2 tires in 1 night, both on the way home, didn't get home till midnight. left the last site at 9:30 after walking a customer through a landscape and what needs done to it.
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I WISH I had that problem. I got t-boned right in the middle of my front bumper Friday (5-11) morning by a jap car. All she did was bend up the front bumper but her car didn't fair so well.
  9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I remember an employee returning to my home with a tire on the tandem that was completely shredded, nothing left but a 2" bead, on each side of rim. no tread, sidewall. he was on gravel at first, and said he didn't notice, and then went to first jobsite. The tire shop had to cut the rings off with an acetylene torch ! Dave :mad:
  10. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Homer, you go through tires like I go through socks hehe. You ahve bad luck see if you can get some foam filled for the trailer and truck eheheheh.