mamba high lift mulching blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by I MOW ALONE, Mar 19, 2007.

1. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

has anyone tried these blades from j-thomas. i would like to know how well they work on a 60'' lazer with ultracut deck. do they have enough lift they say 40% higher lift. or would i be better off going with regular high lifts. i will be side discharging this mower is new to me have not cut grass with it yet so i dont know. anyone with this mower have any input would be appreciated. thanks

2. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Check the MEG MO blades

3. I MOW ALONE

no one has tried these blades on a 60'' lazer with ultracut.

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I have a set but rarely use them on the Ultracut. The high lifts always seem to work best here except in the fall leaves. They are very thick and wide blade. I've just never had much luck with any kind of Gator type blade but some swear by them. Too many stringers from not enough lift, not as even of a cut for me.

5. Summertime Lawn

Summertime Lawn LawnSite Member

I have used them and was happy with the results. They are thicker and heavier than normal blades. Thought they did well.

6. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Our knives are not thick but are made of a lot better steel then OEM blades. Thick does not make a blade strong. The meg mo blades being free save them from getting damaged like other blades. Almost no nicks in the meg mo knives.

7. I MOW ALONE

thanks for the replies keep em coming. meg mo what does a set cost for a 60'' ultracut. thanks

8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't waste your time. See my other posts on megmos.

9. ribbie78

ribbie78 LawnSite Member

just got a set of the regular hi-lifts from j thomas today for my 60" lazer Z(with ultracut). Haven't tried em yet; but they look well made; and I couldn't beat the price. Only ordered them Sunday night with regular shipping;got em today. Take advantage of their $8 shipping and load up the cart. I also got 9 viking blades, new bagger kit, backup belts, new viking tires, etc., etc. Stocking up for the springtime rush. Shipping is cheaper than the cost of gas for me to get to my dealer. :hammerhead:

I support my local dealer by getting all my hand equipment and doing shop repair service; but a lot of these small parts are MUCH cheaper at J. Thomas.

good luck

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I've been wondering about them a long time myself.