1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Man am I beat!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LawnTamer, May 1, 2006.

1. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Got up early this morning, unloaded and hooked up a mowing trailer, hit Lesco at 8am, picked up a couple tons of supplies, & unloaded them, then treated a 7 acre park with my 200gal spacesaver, took 3 tanks, I finish up and I am dead tired, that 300 ft of hose feels like 1,000 lbs, I go to wind it up for the last time and the fuse has blown on my electric hose reel :dizzy: At least I hope its the fuse.
    I tell you what I gained a new appreciation for that electric rewind.
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

sounds like your ready for a riding spreader/sprayer!! I got one last year and man does it make the work easier! I know what you mean about the auto rewind reel, the first 5 yrs in the business I used the hanney hand crank model! then I finally broke down and bought the electric reel, what a armsaver!!
  3. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I was out spraying trees with hort oil a few falls ago. We had 200' of 1 1/2" hose. Had about 198' of it out. Got 3 or 4 feet coiled up and the motor fries. Smoke pouring out of it. My shoulder hurt for days after coiling that!!
  4. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

More confirmation for me to get a Permagreen. :dancing: