Man Basket

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BrandonV, Nov 6, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

gentlemen, I need a man basket for my telehandler. must be OSHA approved and be able to lift two men and maybe some stuff up. also need a removable front or a gate. basically we have about 1/4 mile of work to do about 25' up and we only have about 2' of ground between the edge of the wall and a 8' high fence... guess where we're working.

2. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Might check the big rental companies. I know the co I used to work for rented them out quite a lot. You won't find one with a removeable front or gate. All OSHA approved baskets have full enclosure, toe kick panels and a self closing gate. Depending on the situation, you may be better of with a 4x4 40ft boom lift. That way the two guys in the basket can put it where they want it and you won't be tying up yur shooter.

3. salopez

salopez LawnSite Senior Member

protech makes one.
    pm me for site

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I think you would be better off with a man lift. A friend of mine works at a mine he said they have a man bucket for their Cat zoom boom forklift and he said its scary riding in the man bucket. You need a person that is really smooth on the hydraulics or the guys will be going for a wild ride.