man does it feel good to be a scrub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy82, Apr 15, 2001.

1. hey all. i could use some advice on something. i got this one guy (dentist) who owes me like 130 dollars from back last july. he wont pay me the money even after i fulfilled some additional work that was in a contract that said he had to pay me. so i think what i am gonna do is drop some debris on his property. the reason i say its good to be a scrub is because i do not keep my phone number or anything on the sides of my trucks. so i mean if i do this the guy can still pull into his driveway and all. but right now i am having problems getting rid of debris. such as thatch and sticks and what not. a place about an hour from here gets 10 dollars a yard. a place by me gets 500 - 1000 a year. so what do i do? i want to drop at least 2 or 3 dump truck loads on this guys property. several people have told me now that the guy doesnt like paying his bills.- thanx
  2. EROSS17

EROSS17 LawnSite Member

Non-payers are so freakin irritating. These people actually think that they don't have to pay for your time and labor. I'll never understand that. We get at least one person a year that does this to us. Now I know a lot of members are going to say "don't dump stuff on his property, it's unprofessional", I say "screw it" he's got to pay some how. I've done the court thing 4 times and have got my money 3 of those times. The guy that didn't pay got his whole driveway piled with snow in the winter at about 2:00 a.m. There is no way he made it to work the next day. How dare he waste my time and money.
  3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Dump his driveway full! I don't care, I'm not you.
  4. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

Go in and get your teeth cleaned and examined, then tell you'll take off his bill.
  5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Do it but make sure you don't get caught. Have a friend go to his office and make sure he doesn't leave, if he does have the friend call you before the Dentist gets home. I'd hate for you to get in trouble cause he didn't pay his bill.
  6. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Flaming bags of dog doodoo! hehehehe Sweet revenge! We use to do this to teachers yards on halloween back in the eighties! Boy those were the days!

7. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

the fact of the matter is that you have a contract, sue him for the ammount of money he owes you, take him to court and tell the judge you have held up your end of it but he hasn't it. court will cost you around $50 for small claims. and you'll get that money back after you win. because you have a contract. use your head, most likey after he gets the letter in the mail he'll pay so he doesn't look like an as shole. good luck
  8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

tell him youll take dental wk as payment.
    also tell him to write you a script for some of those GOOD
    pain killers . i kept some of those pills one time
    sure beat an aspirin for headache ,sprains or what
  9. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

It's a cost of doing business.....
  10. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Do you honestly want this guy cleaning your teeth? Just go to court and then if that don't work, dump the shi# in his driveway.