Man goes to jail for having brown lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T.E., Oct 15, 2008.

1. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

2. hillbilly_lawnboy

hillbilly_lawnboy LawnSite Member

i believe i would have done the same thing. if someone tells me how to run my land i would trell em to kiss my a$$. especially since he was tight on cash

3. just when you think you have heard it all, something else comes along.

4. Phil G

Phil G LawnSite Senior Member

Why am I not surprised?

Same thing happening over here. Street crime, drugs, thugs and all the other scum-bags just laugh at the law. So the law hits the easy targets, keeps the arrest rate numbers up.

The shame is it was allowed to get this far. Maybe he should have called for help earlier or his neighbours should have stepped in earlier.

I figure the housing association ain't done themselves no favour with this publicity.

=

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

That's freakin ridiculous.

6. ZTR_Diesel

ZTR_Diesel LawnSite Senior Member

Thing is - he kept ignoring the warnings and, it seems he refused to ask for help. Sometimes's it's better to choke up our pride, get together with your neighbors, and let them know where you're really at. Not everyone who retires has everything planned out, but this was a bit much overall.

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

He went to the meetings, and went to court in the beginning. Ever had any contact with a condo association or a homeowners association? The people on those boards are just nosy and want to be in everyones business. What a waste of court time. I had a customer that was on a homeowners board once. What a mistake. One year, just about this time he told be everything has to be perfect next week, and he asked me to plant flowers, mulch, ................ He said he was going to be having the whole neighborhood through and wanted it to look good. I thought it was some parade of homes thing. NO, it was trick or treat for Halloween. You know, the one NIGHT parents come out with their kids to get candy. This is the mentallity of these types of people.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

All else aside, here's what I gather:
    "The Beacon Woods Civic Association, which oversees the 2,600-home complex, targeted Prudente last year because he had violated a rule that states no more than 10 percent of lawns should have bare patches."

So it's a HOA thing, no?

This has little to do with the law, which makes me wonder how in the world
    they can send the man to jail over it in the first place...

Either way that's a load of Bull if you ask me.

9. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Guy's,

Even though I think it's a crock that Prudente was taken to jail, He did break a court order and the judge had no choice but to charge him with that.

He explained his problem to the HOA and they offered no help but to put more burden on him by taking him to court, THEN after the humiliation some came together to give him a hand.

Sounds screwed up to me.....Don't you just love HOA's ....... :dizzy:

10. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Thats florida. Thats why I left there and shook the sand out of my shoes when I left.
    Florida is screwed up with all capitol letters. Let the Cubans have everything south of Georgia.