Man I did a KIRBY saturday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HarryD, Aug 11, 2003.

1. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry kirby I had to throw that in there cuz im sure i felt just like you did when you did it. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Backed into a pole had my sideboards on and was in a hurry and this is the result

heres is kirbys link. Seems like it happens on the right side the most :mad:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47655

truck20001.jpg

2. HarryD

and another

truck20002.jpg

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

ouch! :cry: :cry:

4. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I did the same thing. I looked behind me as I was backing out of a spot and the telephone pole was right there. My neck couldn't stretch far enough to see it. RUB! It only hurts for a little while. :angry:

5. My sister barrowed the truck and jacknifed the little trailer in it like Ray's job. Est to fix $1200 also.

Some kid backed into the same spot at Sonic while my guys were going threw the drive threw. Ins estimater said $680.

As I laughed at him, I said I will be taking it to 3 places to get estimates, Took it back to the one that gave me the $1200 bid and had him redate the estimate. Got 2 others for $14XX and $16XX.
    NOw they don't want to give me more than half of the $680 cause they claim it was mutual fault and want me to caugh up half of their $19xx damage to the other SUV.

WRONG.

6. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

killed the fender on my 03 duramax dually about 2 months ago. Ealry in the mourning and pulling a trailer for my buddy. Had to back up in my driveway to get out and jack knifed the sucker. $1400 for the back right side panel. I hate this plastic crap the use now. I feel your pain man.

7. HarryD

I could fix it myself if I had the tools. I did body and paint work for a few winters when not mowing. Luckily I have a couple buddys that have body shops. One owes me money ;) so it should be pretty cheap for me. NO WAY would I pay $1,600.00 for that little dent :mad: If it would have got into the tail light area then ya I could see spending more for the fix

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

LOL, sorry to hear that....

I have been planning to make a post about my insurance company...had the same policy with ALLSTATE for 15 years, this is my first claim. The damage was $1100 or so, just got a letter said they were cancelling my policy due to excessive claims...ONE CLAIM IS EXCESSIVE???

There should be a law against crap like that!

9. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude, I have posted on Allstate here before. I hate it that this happened to you, sincerely, but this thread needs to be bumped up & hopefully people will read and learn. If you have Allsnake as your insurer, CHANGE POLICIES AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN. Any company is better than Allsnake, even if you pay a little more per month for coverage, because most any other company will be there for you when YOU NEED HELP.

10. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have nationwade, and did not file a claim. I am just waiting till this winter and i will pay to have it fixed. I got hit by a cop car after hitting another this past winter in the ice. That made my insurance go up enough. sucks but whatever.