Man sometimes you just got to say why do I bother!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

I got a call today to let me know that I didnt get the bid on a common area for a real nice development! The guy that won it bid 175.00 oposed to my 225.00. It was a large area with 3 ponds and I cut them a break since I did there snow removal this past winter. Also I said I would charge 100.00 for the area they wanted bush-hoged 2-3 times a year well this cat said he would do it for free. Why do I even bother trying to provide a excellent service, striping yards and everything else, when Im gonna lose bids to these people. Its just frustrating!

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would just have told me, "well, thanks for the offer, and if this guy doesn't work out I would be more than happy to do the work."

You will probably be getting a call later this summer

3. Craftybigdog

Thats what I told him and I was real nice(always), but how do you grow and make your company larger? I would really love to do this full time, I guess well see!

4. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

Thats how I felt with Brickman group under cutting me by 3 grand. I give good prices with a real good servie, Did not win the bid but I just have a feeling that I'm going to be getting phone call next year from the same place. Brickman got huge, Dont know how they can make it with there prices. Makes you wonder!

5. Craftybigdog

Really how do they get that big? We have a group here call MTG(more than grass) well I bid a common area out that was huge at 250.00 and they shot it at 135.00 I couldnt belive it!