1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Man, still having trouble with this....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exmarkboy13, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

Cant belive it, but its bothering me like hell. In the middle of my new marketing/branding plan, and cant decide if I want to use my first or last name for my company name. Have great logos for both, so thats not a problem. I feel like my last name (ASTURI) rolls of the tounge alot better, as in "Asturi landscape management". But, i like my first name, because I feel as its more personal to me ( Massimo Landscape Management) , not my cousin, uncle, brothers company, but mine.

I dont know, 50% like my first, 50% like my last. So, its your guys/girls call, what should I go with ??

MASSIMO Landscape Management

ASTURI Landscape Management
  2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Can't pronounce neither. They both look like a last name.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you want everyone to know who you are (meaning no anonymity)? You won't be able to hide behind your company's name. :laugh:

Otherwise, either would look great.
  4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Both hard to say and both sound cool when I figured them out. I am under the idea that I don't want to be the business. I want the business to be its own entity thus not having a name related to me. This is for several reasons, mainly because I may grow it to the point that I can't be the business but rather the owner, second it would be hard to sell it if I were to use my name as the new owner isn't me. If I were you and used my one of my names life you proposed it would be ASTURI as it will be on top off most listings and in the phone book.

Posted via Mobile Device
  6. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't pronounce either. I think it's a bad idea.
  7. Triton2286

Triton2286 LawnSite Member

What the hell is a phone book? :dancing:
  8. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the direction we're heading. I get three different phone books and don't advertise in any of them.
  9. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't use either. It will be easier down the road if you choose to sell the business if it's under a different name
  10. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

haha understandable