Man, still having trouble with this....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exmarkboy13, Nov 10, 2013.

1. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree, but online listings quite often do them in order. I have been in business 5 years and am not in the phone book. I just use them to start my fire place. Convenient fire starter just pull a few pages and light it up.

2. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I think both names are very long with the "Landscape Management" on the end. I also think that people might have trouble remembering either name.

Shorter names or names that have become short through branding are easier to rememberÂ…

Apple
    Dell
    AT&T
    Timex
    Glock
    Scag
    Hustler
    Stihl

3. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

Your last name is always the better choice. Unless it is something totally obscure, and I feel your last name is unique and will take hold. In time you and your family will enjoy the name recognition. You will never be sued for using a given name. Your birth certificate is your copyright that is difficult to challenge in court.

4. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

Thoughts?? any of them good?

Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 8.53.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 8.53.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 8.49.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 6.32.59 PM.png

5. ColliCut Land Mgmt

ColliCut Land Mgmt LawnSite Member

I like the top right, but I've never been a fan of capitalizing all of one word, and then only the first letters of the other words. Just my opinion!

6. billc1004

billc1004 LawnSite Member

MASSIMO ! dont like it it has ASS in it . lol

7. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

lol wait what?? do you NOT like that is has ass in it? is that what u said?? haha

8. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

Like others have said I would caution you against a family name as it depletes any brand recognition from being included in the sale price when you sell the business. I would recommend a read through the E-myth landscape contractor, it points out the normal life cycle of a business and the sole purpose of building to sell.

9. billc1004

no really it may stand out M ass mow .. only your competitors may notice example - hey look it m ass mow mowing lawns .. am i wrong ?

10. billc1004

ASTURI sounds much better