1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Man, still having trouble with this....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exmarkboy13, Nov 10, 2013.

1. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree, but online listings quite often do them in order. I have been in business 5 years and am not in the phone book. I just use them to start my fire place. Convenient fire starter just pull a few pages and light it up.

2. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I think both names are very long with the "Landscape Management" on the end. I also think that people might have trouble remembering either name.

Shorter names or names that have become short through branding are easier to rememberÂ…

Apple
    Dell
    AT&T
    Timex
    Glock
    Scag
    Hustler
    Stihl

3. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

Your last name is always the better choice. Unless it is something totally obscure, and I feel your last name is unique and will take hold. In time you and your family will enjoy the name recognition. You will never be sued for using a given name. Your birth certificate is your copyright that is difficult to challenge in court.

4. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

Thoughts?? any of them good?

Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 8.53.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 8.53.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 8.49.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 6.32.59 PM.png

5. ColliCut Land Mgmt

ColliCut Land Mgmt LawnSite Member

I like the top right, but I've never been a fan of capitalizing all of one word, and then only the first letters of the other words. Just my opinion!

6. billc1004

billc1004 LawnSite Member

MASSIMO ! dont like it it has ASS in it . lol

7. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

lol wait what?? do you NOT like that is has ass in it? is that what u said?? haha

8. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

Like others have said I would caution you against a family name as it depletes any brand recognition from being included in the sale price when you sell the business. I would recommend a read through the E-myth landscape contractor, it points out the normal life cycle of a business and the sole purpose of building to sell.

9. billc1004

no really it may stand out M ass mow .. only your competitors may notice example - hey look it m ass mow mowing lawns .. am i wrong ?

10. billc1004

ASTURI sounds much better