man, we meet some crazy people

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 6, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i get a call, from a lady who was refered by a very large tipper. naturally, right after cutting grass yesterday(sat) i go right over there. she sees me dripping with sweat, and invites me in the house to "cool off". but, there was no air conditioning! she turns this fan on, it was so old, and slow, i could see the blades spinning, and could actually count the revolutions. i was like, ummm," i cant breath! can we go outside, show me what u want done. " so we go outside, she shows me two cottoneaster she needs trimmed a bit, and a large holly. then she says, " see that house, dont look! the devil lives there. and dont look across the street, thats the main office", then she says, "people think im nuts, but im tellin u the truth, i got all my marbles. im fine, they are all possesed." im like, " listen granny, its hot, im tired, and im sure the devil does live next door. im outta here, ill stop by next week and do the trimming." who else has met some "unique" people?
  2. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

A lady called me to get a price on her lawn. I told her I'd be happy to come by and take a look and give her a bid. She said, didn't you see the place when you put out the flyer? I told her that I hire a company to put out flyers, so she said "OH, YOU HAVE OVERHEAD? Oh.. you probably charge more than I..." I hung up the phone.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have one customer that falls asleep while talking and then snaps back to attention....but Bobby you have the best story about a customer I have ever heard
  4. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I mow for a drunk..... It gets crazy

But i found out that if go over after dinner to collect i get big tips.
  5. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Love the drunks , great time to upsell .

Old man with altimers after I cut would ask , when are you gonna mow .
    Next time said I mowed his grass but skipped his dandylions .

Nice old guy though, just new I 'm headed there someday too
  6. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I've worked for a couple people in the past who make their livings off of being insane. :eek: That is of course unless a client telling you that you are going to die today, or asking you to get undressed is considered normal :confused:
  7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, they are always asking me to get undressed, being built like a greek god, you know, it just happens. but telling you that yur gonna die today? not good, now that is crazy.
  8. If a customer tells me their dying today, i'm going to take them off of monthly billing and collect now.

Steve :dizzy: :dizzy:
  9. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I used to mow for a guy who took to much acid in the 60's. He would always forget who I am and invite me into his house for cups of tea. Well after standing at the front door a couple of time there was no way I was going in. Stank bad, and errrrrrrrr I dont want to go on! Poor bloke died earlier this year. Appariently he was extremly smart in UNI, good sportsman etc. Man that guy did some brain damage! He once sprayed his whole lawn with fly spray to kill imaginary Trap Door Spiders!
  10. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

What I meant was that my client told ME, that I was going to die today.