Manage and weed b gone

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by standeruser, Aug 7, 2006.

1. standeruser

standeruser LawnSite Member

Has any one ever mixed Manage(sedge hammer) with Weed b gone. Is that Possible?

2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

What does the label say?

3. standeruser

It says you can mix it with round up. I was just wondering if any one has ever done it with Weed b Gone. Just Curious. Yes, I have a license. This is supposed to be a forum to help,share and give opinions. If you don't know, don't Reply.

4. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

the 2 are for diffrent things, awful expensive to spray flower beds with sledgehammer, and weed b gone will blow holes in the turf, why would you want to mix them- just curious---- but by all means you can.

5. standeruser

Thanks for your reply, I never said i was going to. A friend of mine asked me to spray a house for him. I just Mixed a batch of weed b gone. I was just tring to avoid buying another sprayer. This the first time i have used Manage. Also Its going to be sprayed on a lawn, not a flower Bed. On another note, Why is every one on this forum so Quick to be Sarcastic Rather Than Helpful??

6. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Because we spend a good deal of money and great number of hours learning our trade, and protecting the responsibility that comes with it.

When a question doesn't sound right, some feel it is better to discourage an unlicensed and/or untrained user rather than risk the backlash that reverberates throughout the entire industry.

7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

becareful , dicamba as well as mcpp can only be used in certain lawn varieties.

8. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Why do you say Weed-B-gone will blow holes in the turf??

9. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

read the label to see what it is, here it is just another name for round-up

10. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

Your confused LawnDawg, Weed-b-gone is a registered product manufactured by Ortho and it is a selective post emergent weed control guaranteed not to damage turf. Glyphosphate, the active in Round-up, is now sold under many names but weed-b-gone is not one of them.