1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Managing crews from afar

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by velocicaur, Apr 5, 2007.

1. velocicaur

velocicaur LawnSite Member

Say for example, business goes extremely well the next 4-5 years and I have a crew or two mowing and maybe one full time spray guy. Is it possible for them to run themselves? I would check on them every weekend, maybe during the week, but other than that, they would be responsible for the equipment and such? I would definitely have to find good workers, and one foreman type person that is responsible for most of it. I would still be responsible for collecting and paying bills, but that should be possible from an outside location.

The reason I ask is that I am still in school, but I would like to attend a professional school that is 3 hours away. Could I create a business that would supply myself a small, but better than nothing, income while in school.

If something like this would not be possible, maybe I should not attempt to run something like until after I get out of school. I'm really interested in trying though. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks.
  2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Comment deleted.