Mancozeb + chelated iron?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lilmarvin4064, Jun 12, 2006.

1. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

anyone have any experience tank mixing these 2 products? I was hoping these are compatable.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Why would you? Are you blanket spraying a whole yard with the Mancozeb?

3. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

mancozed is a cheaper version of heritage, controls many diseases. the only problem with mancozeb is it really needs good agitation. we commonly sprayed this combo every week on a preventative schedule at high end local golf course that i used to work at. depending on what type of program the you use, the mancozeb can get pretty costly.

4. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

yes, I plan to blanket spray the area; also mixing Eagle in with it for a longer residual; Mancozeb for a quick knockdown. The turf has some active Brown Patch and Leaf Spot. I thought I would just see if anyone else had used the combo with Iron before I tried a large area. I really don't have the time to test it.

I didn't think Heritage and Mancozeb were anything alike. Mancozeb is more like Thiram, Daconil, and PCNB. Heritage is more like Compass or Insignia.

5. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

mancozeb is listed for control of so many diseases is what i meant. because heritage is so expensive but has a long risidual, we would put that down on our greens during cool wet temps, when we were aerifying fairways and such because we wouldn't have to monitor for disease for like a 20- 30 day interval. we would then substitute for daconil on greens, mancozeb on fairways to keep cost down. the fairways would only see mancozeb year round and if any disease popped up, we would use daconil for control.

6. southernsprayguy

southernsprayguy LawnSite Member

Mancozeb....Protect T/O or Fore.

7. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from southeast PA

Mancozeb and iron together work great, I spray the combination very often. Macozeb and Heritage are not even in the same ballpark. Mancozeb is a contact fungicide which needs to be reapplied often where Heritage is a systemic lasting up to 28 days.

Try to find Dithane 75 DF. Same active ingredients, same concentration within a few percentage points and easily 1/2 the cost of Mancozeb or Fore. Comes in a 48 pound case, same as Fore, label application rates are between 4 to 8 oz/M depending upon the disease.

8. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Isn't Dithane contact? I'd think he would want something systemic for the long term control, right?

Brian

9. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from southeast PA

Yes, but his original question was in regard to Mancozeb.