1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

manganese deficiency

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by naughty62, Nov 15, 2006.

1. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I need a good organic source of manganese ,need 1 lb for a property . the iron a little high, ph 7.8 . recommendation 25lb elemental S /k ,9lb manganese/acre. I dont want to buy 5gal jug of manganese sulphate for tank mix.split applications, of course. any :confused:
  2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

why would you not want to buy any manganese???
  3. naughty62

naughty62 LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

Free or cheap is good ,but I still have a one year old blue grass/p.rye lawn that is not greening up as it should .If anybody has any good natural source of manganese a little help would be appreciated..2lbs of manganese/ k That would require a lot of compost or kelp .
  4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

it's super cheap.... get a micronutrient package with zinc, moly, and mang, iron, etc...
  5. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

at that Ph Manganese availability will be severly limited because it will oxidize

try to bust out a bit of sulfer and sweeten that soil up a bit!
  6. Ron95gt

Ron95gt LawnSite Member

Where do you get that "micronutrient" pack? Or just bags of mag sulfate? My soil samples came back and I'm low on almost all metal elements, except iron. But they say VERY low for manganese. Wholesale due to large quantities would be good too. Thanks.
  7. TforTexas

TforTexas LawnSite Senior Member

The iron may be high but at 7.8 I doubt the plants can use it. Lesco has a great High Mag combo that I use alot. Also I agree put some sulfer down as well.