Mantis Hedge Trimmer- Awesome!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Landscape89, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

Hello. I've owned the Mantis Tiller along with the Dethatcher and Aerator attachment for 3 years now. Coolest machine ever! I ordered my Hedge Trimmer attachment for the Tiller (24" Double Sided) and all you have to do is remove the engine from the tiller (10 minutes max) and your ready to go. Mantis is a division of Little Wonder so most of the features that are found on the LW Hedge Trimmers are also found on the Mantis. I had a Hedge Trimming job which I did today. Unbelievable Power, and contrary to what most people what think it is VERY light. After finishing shaping and trimming the bushes I was Cleaning up the clippings when the guys across me came to chat with me. He told me that his Redmax doesnt give as good a cut as this thing did. I recommend anyone looking for a nice, lightweight and hard-working trimmer to check it out!
  2. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

the mantis tiller is a fine unit. definitely worth 300.00 bucks!
  3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

WOW......I love my I can love it on shrubs too.....

4. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the market for a hedge trimmer I'll have have to take a look at these Mantises.
  5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I've got the single side blade unit on order. By the way, it's an Echo engine on it.
  6. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

I have used both the mantis tiller and the little wonder 30" hedge trimmers for many years now, hey are both fine units. I think the new attachments are a real good itde either are highly recomended