1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mantis Tiller

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ribit, Apr 23, 2006.

1. ribit

ribit LawnSite Member

Thinking about getting a Mantis tiller. Are they any good? Thanks
  2. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent for small beds, wish i had mine back it was stolen just haven't replaced it yet
  3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

We use ours every spring to cultivate annual beds for planting or any small beds that our kubota tiller is too cumbersome for. Useful tine-thatching attachments, works really well for SMALL lawns, doesnt tear turf.

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Yea buy one..they are great!I am buying one this spring..like real soon here..real soon....yea I am.
    My buddy is getting tierd of lending his to me I am sure,,even though I got the tines unstuck and got it running again for him..there is just a point where ya gotta have what you gotta have..I am gonna order mine right now...yea I am.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

worth every penny, you may want to store it with the tines taken off after what im going through, my tines got rusted to the shafts, one we got off but the other we can't get off. my fault though for letting it get in the moisutre for a good period of time.

but, those tillers are the best, they have huge amounts of torque to power through anything. just the other day i cut in a new bed right under a HUGE sugar maple tree, It powered right through all the roots and everything

i can't wait to get the dethatcher attachment for it, as ive heard of and seen amazing results from it

buy it, you won't be sorry
  6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Have 3 of them and love them for turning mulch over in the spring and for any place I can't fit a power rake or the tractor tiller into. There small in size but great on power
  7. sheshovel

OK DONE I ordered it.Should be in my hot little hands soon!
  8. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

The little tillers come in handy for a variety of small tasks, worth every dime In my humble opinion.
  9. sheshovel

4 easy payments of $80.00 each and a free border attachment.2 year warranty..lifetime warranty on the tines..you can add another 3years warranty for only 59.00.But I passed on that..not much can go wrong with them if maintained I suppose..The one I borrowed all the time was 10 years old.
  10. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

tuffest piece of equipment out there...
    i use mine to set trees for customers