Mantis Tiller

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wanabe, Feb 13, 2005.

1. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Anyone own a Mantis Tiller? What do you think of it? Older member of my family is looking at one to replace the hoe in the garden. Will it work? Thanks!

2. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a Mantis tiller that we use on small flower beds. It works real well in small area, it will turn dirt into the size of coffee grounds. It is a real work horse for such a small tiller. The only thing is if you get in soil with a lot of roots they will wrap around the tines and the tines will have to be removed. The tines are help in by a key pin on each side and are simply to remove. Overall it is a great tiller for small to medium sized applications.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I love mine. It has the power to throw 3" by 4" by 6" rocks at you. It will take a beating.

5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree with all the above, it's worth it

6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Of all the equipment I own...its is hands down THE BEST and most productive machine I own. Consider the honda 4 stroke engine. Piece of cake to start and run. We use it often to install 1 to 2 gallon plants and we also use it for all of our flower displays where we have hundreds of holes to dig on each property. Its cut our planting time in half for perennials and flowers and thats no BS.

suggest you buy the kickstand for about $20...the standard tines on it are forever getting stuck on things and are very sharp and the kickstand you will like. If you buy one I'll bet you say to yourself, "why didnt I buy one of these sooner"

7. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Love my mantis that thing is a work horse.