mantis type tiller

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by befnme, Mar 2, 2006.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i rented one of these things today to tear up a small patch of junk grass to make a walkway for a lady . i was a little skeptakle(sp) about it but i tell ya what that little thing went to work and done a great job. it was the homelite version but i am thinking about just buying one of these for small projects.
  2. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have the echo which is identical to the mantis. I love mine. I have the edger and dethatching attachments also. Great for prepping flower beds.
  3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We have the Mantis tiller. What a great little timesaver it is. Perfect for small to large beds, turning soil amendments in , bare spot repairs,etc....Plus you get a lifetime replacement on the tines.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ive got one too, one thing, DO NOT leave those tines and shafts in a position to get wet and rust, my tines are rusted onto the shafts and they will not come off, ive tried everything and ive got the people at mantis stumped!! What an awsome, powerful tiller that thing is!!
  5. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a Mantis and it is a work horse. I am going to use it tomorrow to remove some sod and make a flower bed.
  6. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

i use my mantis tillers almost every where .there so light weight, easy to maneuver,an a whole lotta punch in a small package. If you never used one hold on an watch it work , see ya George
  7. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I have the tiller attachment for my Ryobi split-shaft and just tore up some sod to make a vegetable garden for my wife and daughter. Works like you wouldn't believe. Sorry the pics aren't better.

New Garden 003.jpg

New Garden 002.jpg