Manual Valve manifold

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

A manual system here got pretty destroyed during some construction, so we rebuilt a bunch of it, and added a extra zone.

One of the existing manual valves wasn't sealing well, so I only reused one, the other two were right angle valves because that was all our supplier could get us at the moment. I wanted them to be a the same height in the valve box, so I made a somewhat unique manifold.

Funny, this customer loves the manaul system, its on a pump that is simply set up on a circuit breaker (No Pressure switch or PRS) and he will just open a few valves and kick on the pump for a few days, then open a few other valves and do the same. I guess thats what he wants....:rolleyes:

manualvalves.jpeg

2. Dirty Water

The boot was in the picture because the manifold was front heavy, plus I know Purphaze has a thing for feet in pictures.

As far as replacement if the old one fails, there is enough room to spin all of the valves off without hitting the one next to it.

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

LOL... Too bad they aren't Red Wings.

Good luck with the brass right angle valves. Now the owner can overtighten, destroy the washer and/or seat, spall the cross handles around the valve stem and you can go back out and replace the valve again. Main reason we switched to PVC ball valves for manual systems. :)

4. Dirty Water

Well he's only managed to wreck one valve in the last 10 years, so I'm not too concerned.

5. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

are those buckner valves?

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

He probably has a little more gray matter between the ears than I'm use to running into. I get calls from some of the guys that have manual systems and "the valve is getting hard to turn off" so they want a heavier water key to shut it down tighter. I've seen some tightened down so much that the valve stem bends or breaks. What they actually need is to have the valve serviced and I accomodate them with a PVC ball valve. :laugh: