Manuals, Parts Diagrams

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by dirtboyjohn, Oct 1, 2005.

1. dirtboyjohn

dirtboyjohn LawnSite Member

I'm putting together a new website aimed at making it easy to find Owner's Manuals, Parts Diagrams, etc. for Lawn and Garden Equipment. I hope it is found to be useful. If anyone has any input as to additional links, errors, or whatever, please drop a note in the Feedback form on the site. It is located at:

http://www.johnfvining.com/partslookup/index.htm

2. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Will be alot of help.
    Thanks for all your effort! :waving:

3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

How long did it take you to put that together? I have a shortcut pasted on my desk top for it now. Thanks alot.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

d@mn that's TOUGH, that's just bad-azz to the bone man!

omg it ain't often I'm impressed by other folk's web design skills but that really R0CKS!

The only way I could see doing something like that would be with an available database and some kind of a sitemap builder or a text-to-html converter or some kind of a tool to simplify it all, even then it would take more than a few mean hours (days or weeks would not be unheard of).

wow...

That's what I'm talking about when I say build a resource out of your site so you'll get visitors. It takes time and it won't be millions (well you never know but don't get excited) but it helps a LOT with the search engines.

As a tip, I might change this:
    Find online illustrated parts lists (IPL's), user manuals, owner's and parts manuals and diagrams for Outdoor Power Equipment or Lawn and Garden Equipment: lawn mowers, lawn tractors, garden tractors, snow blowers, leaf blowers, lawn sweepers, generators, chainsaws, line trimmers, cut saws, concrete saws, lawn vacs, tillers, power washers, wood chippers and shredders, log splitters - anything with a small gas engine.

To:
    Categorized directory of illustrated parts lists (IPL's), user's/owner's/parts manuals and diagrams for lawn mowers and garden tractors, snow and leaf blowers, yard sweepers and vacs, generators, chainsaws, line trimmers and edgers, cut saws, concrete saws, tillers, power washers, wood chippers and shredders, log splitters and most anything with a small gas engine.

And Title-tag it:
    Parts Look-Up for Outdoor Power or Lawn and Garden Equipment

But that's up to you.
    Peace out.

5. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

Dirtboyjohn,

Great job! Will be very useful. I hope you are doing something with the site so as to profit from it in some way.

Bad Boy currently makes all their parts documentation available on CD and give it to you with the mower, but they are a very responsive company with a discussuion forum. They are at: www.badboymowers.com

I hope you can add them to your index.

Thanks again,
    Doc

6. bigdaddymead05

bigdaddymead05 LawnSite Member

Hey I'm New To This Site, I'm Having Trouble Finding Tech Manual For A B-way Equities 48"walk Behind Mower Also Might Be Known As Landscaper's Supply Can You Help?