Marcus Drake H2b Workers Who Has Received Broken Promises?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by landcare pa, Aug 5, 2005.

1. landcare pa

landcare pa LawnSite Member
    from pa

Has Anyone One Else Used Marcus Drake For H2b Workers? I Am At The End Of My Rope With There Broken Promise`s Does Anyone No A Good Honest H 2 B Recruiting Firm That Doesnt Play Games If So Please Post I Have Had My Approval And Have Names Of The People I Was To Receive. Also Does Anyone Have A Contact # For The Mexican Government In Montery Please Respond Just Getting Tired Of Pissing Money Away I Must Have Spent $25,000 In The Last 2 Years I Have 3 Apartments Sitting Empty As We Speak Waiting For My H 2 B Workers Plus A New Van. Any Help Would Be Appreciated . Thanks

2. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to manage the H2B program for Omni/Valley Crest. I know two very reliable companies. They are both more reliable and less expensive than Marcus.

Call me @ 484.614.3270

Mike

3. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

That's what you get for hiring non-AMERICAN.

4. mbella

Oh, and there aren't any issues when hiring americans. They all show up everyday, on time and give you your money's worth. Never a problem. Yeah right.

Anyway, aren't you an employee?

5. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

6. Redneckn

Mbella. Yes, I am an employee. I guess I miss the point there.
    Was there one?

Please tell me that is not your reason... People who think like you do are the reason we have an unempoyment rate. Thanks.
    For every non-American you hire, help hire out, or otherwise involve yourself in the employment of, you are driving the taxpayer burden up. Again, thanks.

I said nothing about any race. That was you that brought that into this conversation. It would be in your best interest not to try and start that crap. Really it would. Since the episode the other week, I have decided that I will leave that to another board. We can chat about it there if you'd like. Let me know and I'll give you the web address.

All I said was that that's what you get for hiring non-Americans. I guess you and your familys jobs are all safe?

7. mbella

Redneck, let me break it down Barney style for you. You are an employee, not an employer. Whether or not you put food on the table isn't dependent on who shows up for work.

8. Redneckn

That doesnt mean that I dont care though. If my company is not doing well, it will affect me and everyone else that works there.
    You sure got crappy about this. Kind of funny.

Just so you are aware though, while I am no "major" employer, we do run a small family farm and we hire people all the time to come and do work for us. We hire Americans.

I guess I just don't understand why hiring Americans is such a bad thing. If it is that important to hire non-Americans, go to mexico, or el salvador, or wherever and then hire the people in that country.

What is wrong with American labor?

9. mbella

I'm not getting crappy at all, just telling the truth. When I run an ad, do you think I list that I am looking for a hispanic? No, I don't. If I run two ads concurrently, one ad in an english printed paper and another in a hispanic paper, which do you think gets more responses? It's usually something like 0 americans and many hispanics. Really, do you think I care. I just want workers that show up everyday and work hard.

I have two hardscape foreman, both white americans. Both bust ass everyday. I can't find one american to work with them as a laborer. I have tried and it doesn't happen.

Seriously, let's not act like there isn't a problem with americans wanting to do the type of work we do.

Btw, you're blaming "people like me" for the unemployment rate and telling me not to get crappy. You don't have a clue.

10. Redneckn

You just are one of many that doesnt care enough to try and do anything about it.

You say I don't have a clue because I don't agree with you???

I never said there wasn't a problem. There is and I will be the first to admit it. But hiring non-Americans is not going to fix it. And I do realize that by fixing it, it could hurt your business. That is part of it.

Think about it just for a second. If we were to toss out every last illegal and non-citizen, then stop paying any kind of unemployment. People would then either work or starve. If you force people to fend for themselves they will. And not having enough employees is a good thing. Because employee X will know that if he ain't pulling his weight, you will tell him to take a hike because there will be many others lined up waiting for his job.

I know it seems harsh and impossible. But it is not.

I don't slight you for owning your own business and doing your own thing. That is the American way. I will be glad when the day comes where I can just farm. Not everybody can be their own boss. Some people are just not motivated that way. Do know that I respect you for doing your own thing. I just don't like your hiring practices. I also realize that it is not entirely your fault. IF the powers that be did not hand out money you would have nothing but Americans working for you.