Marcus Drake

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by joe7588, Jan 4, 2008.

1. joe7588

joe7588 LawnSite Member

Has anybody used them before for h2b visa's? I sent them $1,000.00 on November 2nd and as of 1/03/2008 they had not completed my application. Now today I find out the quotas have already been reached for 2008. Nice way to blow a grand, I understand it's not a sure thing, but to pay and not get the
    application submitted is b.s.. I also don't see them as a sponsor of this website
    anymore(take the money and run).

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Well unfortunately you started too late for this year but all is not lost if he processed all the paperwork it would help next year. But you can't submit applications for 2009 yet. Your $1K is just the starter money ....in the end it is a lot more than that to get them over. It took us about 3 years to get the system working and it is a nightmare of paperwork and more paper work for revisions. If your firm is not on top of things it is easy to get left out....a lot more demand than congress allows each year. And this year they moved the entry date to April.. Sometimes these processing companies will give back money based on how much work they have done, they never know when the quota is going to be reached.

3. bushog

bushog LawnSite Member

We used them last year, they did a terrible job to say the least. Never again.

4. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

just go to 7-11 if you need help you'll find guys. LOL

5. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

6. joe7588

joe7588 LawnSite Member

Americans dont't want these jobs. I'm so tired of people saying hire
    Americans, every American i've hired has been lazy, a drunk, and just plain unreliable. For the most part we're picking from the bottom of the barrel for our labor force. Don't tell me it's a money issue I hired 2 guys at $4.00 more an hour than their previous job and they were completely useless and lasted not even 2 weeks.

7. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Congress has not renewed the H-2R for 2008 so the quotas fillec VERY quickly this year. Contact your Senator and ask them to take some action on S 988, part of it is to extend H-2R.