Marcus Rescued from Underwater

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MarcusLndscp, Dec 30, 2005.

1. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Hello everyone!
    I appologize for not having posted pics for some time now but my boss tried to get me to open up that treacherous job site I told you about and we almost had a fatality on our hands. The machine was saved as well although it needed some service and is still in the shop receiving much needed repairs. I left the situation with a few broken ribs and a wet pair of britches. These pictures are emotional for me to look at so please always think of safety first while you work okay guys and gals.

Please read the first commentary and then view the numbered picture that matches it...then come back and read the next commentary and then view the pic that matches it. Continue until done.

The picture that was actually labelled as #1 was too graphic to show here. This is why pic 1 is actually #2 and pic 2 is actually labelled #3 etc.

Picture one - this is a pic of me trapped under the boom of the machine. The water was ice cold which took some of my pain away and as you can see the lake had a rather sandy bottom which allowed an "Incredible" rescuer to dig me out much easier. --- Now view pic labelled #2

Picture two - Unfortunately I brought my dog to work that day so he had to witness what happened. In this pic he waited on the sandy beach until my rescue team arrived...I could hear him wimpering.... even under water! --- Now view pic labelled #3

Picture three - It seemed like forever to me although it was only a matter of 1 minute 23 seconds when this police officer showed up with his motorcycle (I know it's december but we live near Laconia where thousands show up for Bike Week every year and some of these guys just won't stop riding, it's a year round addiction for them). Along followed Dash from the Incredibles and Dora the Explorer (Dora was there for any Spanish translation that may have been needed I guess). --- Now view pic labelled #4

Picture four - This is a pic of Dash who obviously is a true hero. Here he is diving deep down to my rescue. You might be able to also notice a big fish that almost ate me while I was down under (no not in Aus. Squizzy) thankfully Dash got there first --- Now view pic labelled #5

Picture five - In this last pic you can see all of us along the shore. I was safe and so was our machine. Dash actually carried the excavator up on his back. This picture really brings a tear to my eye...I will love my new friends forever.

Happy New Year All!!!

Saved 002.jpg

Saved 003.jpg

Saved 004.jpg

Saved 005.jpg

Saved 006.jpg

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Nice thread, nice story......(hahahah)...............I thought John and I had too much time on our hands with Eric's "what happened to my thread" but gheeze............ Wonder how much its gonna cost to get your "machine" back up and running again, hope its not too much water damage~!

3. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

I heard that Dash is AKA Green Monster. That would explain how he arrived so quickly and displayed that superhuman strength.

Seriously, Marc, this thread is hilarious. It is positively one of, if not, the most comical threads I have seen here.

Marcus, YOU are da man.

4. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think you guys are taking this seriously...Marcus could have been killed!...and I still have a mind to report this incident to the SPACE..(Society for the Prevention of Accidents and Cruelty to Excavators):blob4: :blob4:

5. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

I cannot believe you survived! :cry:
    Go out and buy yourself a lottery ticketpayup
    Another reason to make sure you tell those close to you how much you love them everyday :blob1:
    Can we start a thread to pray for you and your continued recovery?:confused:
    Oh hell il just start praying for you right now! :drinkup:
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

6. MarcusLndscp

Thank you for your prayers and cheers. As you can see in the last pic I started throwing back a few cold ones when I was freed. You ask where did I get this beer? Well, it was in Dora's backpack of course. That girl has everything in there. And yes these are all my toys I've been collecting.

Just kidding we have a 3 year old at home

7. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

Marcus, you need to review your marine salvage procedures....

You should have used one of these:

loADER 074.jpg

8. MarcusLndscp

I've tried to buy those for our 3 year old a thousand times but everytime I try the idea is shot down. I'm not sure why, I know every 3 year old girl dreams of having one don't they?

9. git er done landscaping

git er done landscaping LawnSite Member

i'm glad you made it out ok! and as for the beer in doras backpack. yum yum yum deliciouso!!

10. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Well I am the only dummie who did not follow instructions(that I am known not to always do)and read the post completely through before viewing the pics.
    and fell for it hook line and sinker(get it sinker?)LOL
    You actually had me going and thinking OMG!