% Margin

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ravenwood Landscaping, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Ravenwood Landscaping

Ravenwood Landscaping LawnSite Member

My second year in the biz and I'm trying to get a real margin on our services this year. I'm trying to get around an average 50% margin across the board (some higher, some lower). I don't want to know if this is good for me or any thing like that, because frankly it's what I want. My question is what do you all get on average for your services?

2. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

If I understand you correctly...your're wanting to know if 50% is what the biz has left after everything is paid....but before the owners salary? If this is what your asking...our company is close to that. Some months a little better, some a little less.

Good luck.

3. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

For Design/Build, we average 48-50% Net. For Maintenance we average 40-45% GP. I proffit more in D/B due to lower costs. Maintenance has more costs to take into consideration, plus labor.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

2nd year business - last season I was around 50% before owners salary (of which I took none). My margin will continue to erode a bit as I take on more business (and hence more expenses).