marietta,georgia

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by wave~life, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wave~life

wave~life LawnSite Member

Just starting back in business and would like to make some contacts in and around the Marietta,Kennesaw,Canton,Cherokee area.
    I worked 2 years as a Landscape / Lawn Care foreman about 10 years ago and serviced accounts in buckhead area.The homes all had over 1.0 acre of land.Needless to say I had to be very detail oriented.I start advertising next week and would like to make as many contacts as possible.

2. wave~life

Howdy,

Was wondering what kind of masks you guys are using?
    I have been using particle Filter masks and they just don't
    seem to be doing the trick this year?What would you suggest as the next inexpensive upgrade for pollen protection?

Signed, soar throat in Mayretta...

Send me a ~~~
    (any brown coats out there?)

3. Old 5 LawnCare

Old 5 LawnCare LawnSite Member

Hey Wave~Life,

I am up in Ball Ground and I dont go any further south than Hwy 92 in Woodstock, once in a while I will get calls down ther if your interested, give me some info, I'll help ya all I can.

Chad Martin
    OLD 5 LAWNCARE

4. wave~life

Hi Chad.

Nice to meet you.I just started back in business so am just cutting yards and doing odds and ends right now.My office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00, Sat 8:00 - 1:00.Feel free to contact me at 678-467-9371 or email me at landscaping@richgedney.us I preciate the help.

Thanks.

Rich Gedney
    wave~life

5. wave~life

Hey Chad,

I got a call yesterday from a lady on bellsferry road,she said a gentleman refured her to me but she could'nt remember the name.Just wanted to say thanks if that recky came from you.
    I start work on her property tomorrow. : )

wave~life

6. Old 5 LawnCare

Hey Rich,

Yeah, that was Pat Barwick I think,down off Bells Ferry.
    I'm glad it workred out, it was just too far south for me.

Chad

7. wave~life

Hey Chad,

Great,it was you then,thanks for the recky.I hope to return the favor once I get up some more steam and start advertising.
    : )

wave~life

Rich

8. Theroadrage

Theroadrage LawnSite Member

Hey Chad,I'm trying to start up and i live right outside of Ballground in Nelson.No luck yet but if you get some accounts you need to turn down I sure would appreciate You refering me.Havent seen but one or two LCO's around here so maybe one of them was you.I had about 5 yards in Acworth when i lived there but i work down in Marietta and an 80 mile round trip from work and then going 20 miles back to Acwoth just ain't gonna work.Information,referals or anything would be appreciated! My number is 770-893-1793 Thx,Keith Cason:alien:

9. Old 5 LawnCare

Hey Keith,

Welcome to the area. there our about 4 (5 now) of us in Ball Ground and Nelson, there are 10 or 12 in Jasper, the area is very competitive. I am doing my best to raise the price we get around here, there are too many people doing lawns for $30.00 when they should be $50+, I hope you will do the same!
    We aiso have the dam Mexicans riding around with the Wal-Mart Murry's in there trunks doin yards for $25.00 and up.

You help me by not lowballing and I'll get you a some work, as I am turning down most of the "Whenever it needs it" type lawns so I can build up my year-round accounts so I can quit APAC.

Good Luck,
    Chad

10. wave~life

The same thing is happening here as it did in Los Angeles many years ago.You have the Mexican and the Asian people lowering the prices.I personally have set some lower prices but have done so by mistake due to the fact that I just started back in the business.I have since adjusted my prices to reflect the quality of my work.What are you charging per man hour?On landscape jobs I have been figuring $25.00 per man hour.Is this too low?

I submitted a price to do a pretty good size clean up today and figured in my labor at 24 man hour's = $600.00 then added,gas for equipment,gas for truck to and from,insurance,trips to dump.
    Total came to about $1100.00.The customer looked at the quote as being too high but I know that I do good work.
    Thursday I got a small clean up job for $140.00 (cleaning up some leaves and hauling to the dump)but because the customer saw I did a good job they asked me to do additional work (clearing a small back yard)which was $200.00 more in my pocket.

Any help I can get on pricing would be great.

wave~life

Rich