1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mark up on parts

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FreeriderVisa1, Jan 19, 2013.

1. FreeriderVisa1

FreeriderVisa1 LawnSite Member

Wanted to get a general idea on what peoples mark up on irrigation parts are ?:usflag:
  2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You're going to get either a lot of different answers, or many that just won't tell you (me included). Mark up on installs, is usually going to be lower than mark up on repairs and service. I don't have a flat across the board percentage. Smaller, low cost items like clamps and nozzles, I have a higher mark up % than I do on high dollar items like a backflow preventer.
  3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

What Dana said.
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
  5. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

In CA, I would say it's higher than other states. I have family members in CA and they are always saying how much more things cost there compared to FL.
  6. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

At least 5,000%, sometimes twice that.
  7. Irrigation Contractor

Irrigation Contractor LawnSite Senior Member

Shoot for retail and you will be in the ball park. We use various markup percentage, but considering we pay tax when we purchase the products and it is close to 10% you need to make sure that is figured in.

It is always good to know cost of everything to get it on your shelves, but some items like the new LED light fixtures are those we have decided to use a smaller percentage than being around retail.
  8. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

EXACTLY what Dana said! :clapping:
  9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

10. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I try to mark my parts up at least this much.....