Market Research

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PTP, Jun 6, 2006.

1. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I am looking for some stats on the green industry - specifically residential and commercial maintenance. Any links or suggestions on where I can find this would be appreciated.

I found the $3000 package online but it is way too comprehensive and overpriced for what I need.

2. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I know that a lot of guys here go by their gut feelings on these things but surely there is someone here who bases their business on real facts and figures.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Honestly You should be able to look around your area and see how much room for growth you have. Like right now I have 110 accounts, and I work a small area about 10 Miles....I also know that there are coutless neighborhoods that we haven't even touched. With that info I know that I could easily triple my business IF I WANTED TO. Most of the areas are occupied by solo's and small-midsized companies. THis tells me that With some agrresive advertising we can easily penetrate these areas. Why would I pay $3,000 for someone to tell me that? For the commercial again alls you gotta do is LOOK...so who servieces them now how many big dogs are after them?