Marketing... ad size vs quantity

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BD79, Aug 30, 2011.

1. BD79

BD79 LawnSite Member
    from Mi

Mike, it seems that I have rubbed you the wrong way. I'm sorry, that was not my intention.

I was agreeing with you and do appreciate you feedback. I was just saying that while getting work for next spring is important, I need to be cost effective with my marketing approach. I think it came across a little snippy. Sorry about that, I wasn't trying to be offensive.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Pay no attention to him. he's a cranky ol' hippie that hardly works, and drinks wine all day as he cruises the highways in a tin can winnie :)

Wait a minute, that sounds pretty darn good right about now!!

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

yeah it does....

4. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

Where in Michigan are you located?

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I've been regularly deleting the e-mails as soon as they arrive, which seems like every other day now. :rolleyes:

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Someone has to do the tough stuff.:):drinkup:

DSCN0380mohoflag.jpg

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

typical gated community :sleeping:

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Retired sprinkler pros only. Notice I'm the only one? :p

9. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

A well designed smaller ad, placed frequently will draw more calls than a one shot special. Often the first ad or two get ignored.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

What kind of publication is it? I will say this, I get 3-5 different publications per month in the mail with ads and coupons for different companies and industries. I may have used ONE coupon, or called ONE of those companies in 10 years. They usually get skimmed through and thrown in the recycle bin. I get a great return on google ads, and I haven't even used them this year at all. Not one bit of advertising this year except our mailer to existing clients.