Marketing - Anyone in Malvern PA want a job?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by karen1122, Feb 2, 2004.

1. karen1122

karen1122 LawnSite Member

I have been unsucessfully looking for a lawn care service for 4 months now and stumbled into LawnSite. The services desired are a yearly program of: fertilization, weed control, pH adjustment and core aeration.

CHEMLAWN or SCOTT'S need not apply! I am looking for the personal service and knowledge of small company.

After reading the postings on Marketing, may I suggest you utilize the internet more. First place I looked

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

have u had problems with these companies?

3. karen1122

Yes, I have had bad experiences with the larger providers; applications that tear up the lawn, applications billed for but not provided (it's hard to miss a core aeration), billing mistakes, not canceling the service after a request, etc.

The last small company gave me excellent service and knew lawncare inside out. He was bought from by one of the big ones and the service level immediately dropped.

4. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Karen 1122,
    Call Dave Hunley Of Fisher and Sons 215-230-9560.
    They are in Malvern and he can recommend the person you are looking for. Dave is a great sales person that really knows the green industry.

Tell him Pete D from Dream Green sent ya.

Pete D.

5. karen1122

Thanks very much. Is this the feed company? If so, I have heard nothing but great things about their reputation.

Again, thanks for the help

6. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Karen,
    They supply Fertilizer,Insect,Disease control,Repellents,Seed, Ect. To the Green Industry. They sell Top Quality Products!

Pete D.

7. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Karen,

If you are looking for a company that can offer personalized service and quality results than contact me. Turfsolutions@aol.com. I am based in Wallingford. Let me know the scope of work that you need and I may be able to accomodate. Hope to year from you.

Kelly

8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Karen,

You have a Private Message.

9. karen1122

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Preventitive Mantainence?

10. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Preventative maintenance is the use of proper cultural practices to inhibit the growth of weeds in the first place. An example would be aeration where you are trying to get a healthier stand of turf, which in turn will provide more competition to keep weeds from surfacing. Another practice is called IPM (Integrated Pest Management) wherein you monitor the pest and determine based on threshold what action to take so as to use the least toxic or environmentally disruptive solution to address the problem.