marketing help!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sj777, Jul 17, 2006.

1. WEST1014

WEST1014 LawnSite Member

How do I upload my flyer so you can see it?

2. onthesidelawncare

onthesidelawncare LawnSite Member
    from Jax. FL

I havent been doing this long but I might get 1 call back per 200 door hangers, I am tring a local advertising mag. starting next month for 300 hundred a month it gets mailed to 49000 homes and businesses in the area of town I chose.

3. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Patience,Patience,Pertinence that what it takes keep your day job mow on the side until you build a good client base. Down here markets tight but there's not many great LCO"s just alot. So you must separate your service from others(do a better work/run a professional operation. I jumped in to quickly 1st time I started(thought I knew it all, NOW I know you NEVER KNOW IT ALL). In this area KEEP YOUR STUFF LOCKED AS MUCH AS POS!!!! Thats how I got out last time SOME#@^&*!@ GOT EVERYTHING I HAD, EVERYTHING. So take your time learn everything you,have open mind to info thats the best advice I can give. Ques- Have you ever worked in this biz before, the experience is everything?

4. JT1304

JT1304 LawnSite Member

it is illegal in some areas, but offer a "referral discount " to customers when they refer a new customer to you. I will give a $10 discount off monthly invoice for a referral that results in getting the job. I have one customer who always ask me to leave him some extra cards and flyers when possible. I always oblige him and get me gets me mucho work!!:cool2:

5. Qreative

Qreative LawnSite Member

Another tip is using the internet. Craigslist works wanders... that's how I started out. I haven't done much yet, but I don't want to pay before I make some money. Networking is key also, I got 4 jobs from my parents friends because I did a good job with their lawn. Don't be afraid to make friends with the people whose lawns you take care of. You do a good job, they will only want to help you.

6. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to go to an image hoster and make an account (a free one) then from your account browse to you My Pictures and upload whatever pic.

Go here. http://photobucket.com/

You do have to have your flyer in your computer saved as a jpeg though.

[​IMG]

7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's saved as a jpg, just resize the pic to 800*800 dpi 0r less and it will upload.

8. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you saying that THIS site will host the Pic?

9. GardnerLandscaping

GardnerLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice work on the yard.

10. GardnerLandscaping

GardnerLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Ya, everything I have so far have been referrals. My primary selling point is price and full service--I borrow tiller and chainsaw from my father. I have about 200 brochures printed, I just haven't dropped them off. I tend to just give them to people who know people. Older neighborhoods are your best bet--retired, fixed-income, looking for a "yard man" to do it for half the price what the big commercial outfits offer. Most people want someone who they can get to do more than your typical mow, edge, and blow in the time-allotted of the contract.

I'm told door-to-door is most effective, especially in older neighborhoods where they want personal contact. Plus, you can keep your brochure for the next one if they're not interested. Just be careful and not get in the habit of talking to your older clients too much. They tie you up with chatter and beverage for more time than it takes to do the work.

Just talked to a lady yesterday who belongs to a social club and does volunteer work who my step mother knew in the neighborhood. She had been using a person for 7 years, but still wanted to hire me to do some small tree removal that her "yard man" refuses to do. She took extra brochures, told me she knows lots of "older ladies," and would spread the word.