Marketing idea??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Dec 12, 2006.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

MAybe you guys do this and maybe this topic has been touched on but I was thinking.

Say you mow for several biz that have 5 - 100 + employees. Assume the biz has monthly newsletters or simply be able to drop a note in there check. Offer each employee a discount of some sort for any services that you offer.

The workers already know what there work place looks like. Assuming were doing a good job and tell the biz that you would pay for the printing or making of such thing and by all means it would have to meet there approval of course since their the biz employee's.

Yes, No, Maybe? Let me know what ya think.

2. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

i got just the comm acct to do that w/ they got atleast 150 + empl.
    there software company at that! ..............they all probaly got decent homes and make good money:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

3. CleanCutProLawn

CleanCutProLawn LawnSite Member

This spring I plan on sending out some flyers in the mail with my friends garbage business bills. It works out fairly well, I chose the neighborhoods that I want the flyers in and pay for postage on those bills. I know most of the neighborhood on his routes as I helpout when they get backed up after holidays.

4. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

So hypothetically speaking, 75 employees want to hire you for lawn service on top of the accounts you already have. Can you handle that type of influx of business or are you going to take half and refuse work to the rest?

Don't get me wrong, good idea if you can handle the possible workload...bad idea if you can't, unless you start with your businesses with fewer employees.

Andy

5. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Obviously the 75 employee example is pretty far fetched but if you offer a discount on a service or a freebie then you need to have a mechanism in place to retain them long enough as customers to make your money back such as..."ONE FREE xxxxxxx with a ONE YEAR SERVICE AGREEMENT". Or you should offer the discount at the back end of other services.

If you offer something discounted or free up front, you'll get a lot of takers and very few givers. If you're thinking of discounting ALL your services, I think you're setting yourself up as a lowballer and will find it difficult to manage your time and money. That's a business based on volume. It's great if you're the buyer. You're not the buyer.

:)

6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I guess I would try to set up any discount at the end of the game or if they pay up front as in a prepayment for say a 4-5 step fertilizer plan or say we charge $25 to mow there lawn at 20 mowings - prepayment with discount or just simply offer a 5 - 10% off coupon in the letter and those that use it great - those that don't not a big deal.

Yes - I have the shop, equipment & man power - to handle everything - only thing would be if we got hit with 100% feedback - then I may be scrambling a bit.