1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Marketing idea

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Eho, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I recently traded in a bunch of my old video games to blockbuster. They gave me a lot of store credit but nothing else. Let me know what you think, with the store credit they bought me, I could buy several giftcards( maybe six ten dollar ones, or three 20 dollar ones) Do you think I should come up with a promotion: Be one of the first 6 to sign up this year: get free blockbuster gift card. What do you guys think of this idea. Do you think this would be successful?
  2. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

That's not a bad idea. I would make it the first 10, or 20, or however many customers you're looking to get.

You may have to buy more gift cards.....but those are tax deductible as a business promotion expense. The ones that were given to you on trade-in would be awfully hard to account for as an expense.
  3. pema

pema LawnSite Member

This is a good idea! For years I had display booths a Garden shows offering sign ups for free assessments for lawn care. Always got several leads this way but seldom was this worth the costs and time I had to devote to these shows.

Then last year, I bought a $50.00 gift card for a high end resturant and offered it as a prize to be awarded to 1 of the people who signed up. I got 4 times as many leads. The extra business paid for the cost of the booth and the gift card.