1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Marketing Ideas for new Landscape Lighting Business

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Southern Night Lighting, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Southern Night Lighting

Southern Night Lighting LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing some marketing ideas with us. We are a new landscape lighting business in SC and are now ready to do some marketing to get our business started. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Im curious...Ive thought about expanding this to my business...but to be honest...I have never done it. But...I figure everyone starts somewhere, but Id rather not make too many mistakes....whats the best way to learn this side of the business??? What did yall do to learn?? Thanks!
  3. extlights

extlights LawnSite Senior Member

Direct mail has worked the best for us. We've also tried magazine ads, half page ads in the yellow pages, and ads in newspapers, but didn't get much response from those. We did a trade show once but realized that that's not really the type of people we want to target, so we haven't been back to another.

Also, contact landscapers and builders and try and get your name out there with them. We get a lot of projects from landscapers.