Marketing ideas?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by DBM, Feb 25, 2002.

1. DBM

DBM LawnSite Member

I've been fortunate enough to be building ponds by referral only (only a few each year). I'm looking for contractors out there who want to share marketing info so that we can mutually benefit. My budget is limited but I've been taking full advantage of my local Aquascape Designs distributor's knowledge and he has helped in some instances. I'm wondering if anyone out there has been tracking their marketing results when it comes to ponds.

Here's what I've started with so far - keep in mind it's the first year I'm actually marketing this service. I've sent out e-mails and snail mail to several local garden clubs offering free build a pond days with the club supplying the venue, buying the raw materials from me, and they get the proceeds from the ticket sales. Over the last week I've got my cards stapled to the Aquascape Your Landscape magazine into a few of the local retail pet stores, the local nurseries and garden centres are next.

I'll be testing an ad in the local paper, and placing fliers and door hangers in limited quantities. Has anyone been tracking their marketing results? I also did maintenance last year part-time and have contacted them offering my services.
    I plan on only doing pond installs and consultation this year - of course starting part time. I've got aggressive growth goals and any help would be appreciated. Feel free to e-mail me if you're hesitant about posting such info.

DBM

:cool: