1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

marketing:If you only had to choose one.which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cjermaine30, Jul 21, 2010.

1. cjermaine30

cjermaine30 LawnSite Member

If you were starting a lawn care company and you only could choose one of these options to reach your prospects. Which one would it be and why? I'm basically asking which one is more effective? Lets say you already have business cards so we don't have to add that.

1 Postcards
    2 Door hangers
    3 Brochures
    4 Flyers

which would you choose and why?
  2. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

All of those generally have a 1% - 2% call back ratio. CALL BACK RATIO, not new customer ratio. There are older threads where people talk about their successes with it also. Some people report alot less, some people report a lot more. It all comes down to how you design your advertisements and how/when/where you distribute them.

I guess it would come down to cost, and I believe flyers are the least expensive of the lot. But I would personally choose doorhangers for the best presentation.