Marketing in new developments

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by iowa, Jul 18, 2007.

1. iowa

iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA

Over the past year or so we have really grown into landscape, irrigation, and sod/seeding new houses in developments. Most of this work has been by word of mouth in my own town, but I'm starting to think that I would like to expand out to other nearby towns.

How do I go about doing this? For some reason, I don't think newspaper will do much for me. I'd like to get my foot in the door at building stopping by when the homeowner is there is unlikely.

Any ideas?
  2. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Alex, Just sent ya a PM. -Mitch-
  3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Direct market yourself "Mail" (do not place) tri fold information sheets avoiding bold letters and oversized fonts and colors. mail to the homes on the streets, make contact with other builders. advertise in areas where you want to service. Be honest be clean, have a this is what I can do for you attitude. Be capable of explaining why they should use your service. have contactable references on hand. you have to market yourself you also need to make time to do this, meet people by all means inform your current customers you are accepting more accounts. Be competitive, and I also suggest that if you are expanding have a solid amount of available funds.