1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Marketing, marketing, marketing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Stonehenge, Dec 13, 2000.

1. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

While some of you dedicated people out there are probably plowing, or working on your plowing eqpt, I'm at home thinking of ways to market my business next year.

I just bought a new PC that has CD writing/recording capabilities, and I've found that CD's can run about $0.30 per disk. And now I see HP is selling 'stickers' and a device to allow you to print a CD label from your bubble jet, and then label your CD.

With this in mind, I'm wondering if anyone has tried a multimedia marketing effort with potential customers. If so, how did you go about it and what software did you use?
  2. curlawngreen

curlawngreen Banned

Check with Stone in mower forum.
  3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Although I'm away from the business right now, being stationed overseas, I stil do the work.

Technology is a hobby of mine, and I've been learning a ton about what computers can do.

I think what your looking to do is maybe make an ad for the CD, right?

If you have MS Office you should have Power Point. Its really not that hard to use to make a quality slideshow that you can add great quality pictures, graphics and sound to. I think this is the way to go. Yu can even put a hyperlink on the last slide with your contact info that will take your customers online to your internet site (if you plan on building one)

There is a program within Power Point where you can make your slideshow with a viewer built in, so your customer can view it on any PC without having MS powerpoint.

That stupid little guy that pops up on MS programs is annoying, but he taught me how to make great slideshows!

When we do large scale jobs, I usually take a ton of digital pics and then make a cool slideshow and add in comments and sounds, etc. Everyone gets a big kick out of it.

For a great labeling system, go to http://www.CDSTOMPER.COM. They have a great tool for ligning up the labels and a great program to use. I can import a digital pic and insert it into the label, and thats the cover of the CD, you can also add titles etc. If you really want to get classy you can make the jewel case front and back cover too. At the link I gave you, they sell small CDS used just for business cards and biz info on them....CHECK IT OUT!!

Hope this helps and good luck. Lemme know if I can be of anymore help!

4. Stonehenge

from Midwest

Thanks Guido -

That CD stomper looks like a good way to go - and I like the Power Point idea. That's what I wanted to do - slideshow with music, maybe some voice-overs. Thank you for the help - I'll let you know how it goes.
  5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

After all the wisdom I "borrowed" from you and brought to work so I could look like a genius; I'm finally glad I'll be able to give some help back!

6. Stonehenge

from Midwest

If I appear to be a genius, it's because I stood on the shoulders of giants. Er, something like that. You know what I mean. Lots of giants in this forum.
  7. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

what kind of information will you be putting on the cd? how long will the presentation be?
  8. Stonehenge

from Midwest

I'm not sure how long the whole presentation will be. I've only had the idea for a few days now - but picturing it today, I'm thinking that there'll be pictures and voice overlays that last about the length of one song. At the end, they'll have a chance to look over the reference material (references, insurance info, newspaper articles, etc).