Marketing Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Turfdoctor1, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

I am having some door hangers printed, and I am debating whether I want them to say, "Call for a free estimate," or have the estimate already written on the advertisement.

I see positives of both. "Call for a free estimate" may yield more initial calls, more contact with the customer, etc. And, since I am small and trying to grow, this is good. But, on the other hand, obviously, there is a lot less leg work with a printed estimate. This might help weed out bad customers, etc.

What have you guys had success with, and what would you suggest. Going to the printer tonight.

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey Josh,

Are you going to have set prices for certain areas? Would you list a price range? We have done both. We have simply stated to call for an estimate. We have also stated prices in this area range from $xx to $xx. At least with the range they know what they know that if your service minimum is $35 for that size lawn that there is no need to call you if they are only looking to pay $25. We do more marketing without the range then with the range. We just depend more on closing the sale then selling the price. Both methods work.
  3. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the input.

the way it is set up now, it has a spot where I would write in xxx per application. If I keep it that way, I would just classify each house as either the minimum or 0.25 acre lot or 0.5 acre lot, etc. Then, probably each subdivision would be quoted the same price based on lot size without knowing if it is 10,000 sq. ft or 8,000 sq. ft or somewhere thereabouts.

I had never thought about doing it this way, but my designer's initial proof was set up this way. At first I didn't like it, but then, I thought about the time it would save.

Thanks again, TrinityLawnCare. I appreciate your response.