Marketing skills!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by unique lawns, Feb 10, 2001.

1. unique lawns

unique lawns LawnSite Member

Hey, I have an update of how I'm doing in the commercial dep. I decided to go commercial after 5 years of residential work. I'm starting that this year, I have been cracking my head trying to figure out what is the best way to do it? after some recommendations from you guys, I started to put them to practice. I put my ad in the yellow pages, but it still has not come out yet,the new books come out in march here in florida. I'll let you guys know how it does for me. But I've been doing telemarketing a lot. I took a listing of management companie's from the yellow pages and got their phone numbers and called them and offered my services, for the last 3 weeks every one of them has asked me to put in proposals. I've met with the managers and we walked the properties,I've been submitting a lot of proposals and I'm waiting on the acceptance. Here's a tip though, from what I've observed, all of them tell you that they are not interested in the price but on quality service, that's not true they are all looking for the lowest bids so don't let them fool you!!I'll keep you posted as I learn more! http://www.uniquelawns.net

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

You've got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

3. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

No, I disagree, they do want quality, they just do not want to pay for it!

Unique, sounds like you got it going. Good Job and Good Luck!

4. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

It might be idea as you are driving around look for sites that look ok, but ones you could have an impact on in short order, and approach the owners, managers, etc. to make a proposal, like... "I notice you don't have a prossional company taking care of your turf, maybe I can be of service?" A few years ago I picked up a couple of shopping centers this way. One was close to my house with a space for lease sign out front, and I noticed that the shrubs needed trimmed so I call the number and got that one along with one about five miles away that they had in this area also!

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

good luck with your bids. i checked out your website and i really like it. nice logo too.