Marketing to Multi-Million Dollar houses?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KINGjosh, Feb 7, 2005.

1. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

There is gated community going up with about 50 multi million dollar houses. My question is how would I market to these people? Thier are about 1 or 2 that already have some poeple living in them. But you can not get into the gate, they will not let anybody in, unless you have the proper crudentails. How would I even find out what the adress's are to these houses so i could mail them something. And the hard part would be knowing when they actually moved in so i could mail them at the right time before they get somone else?

Any suggestions?
  2. carbon737

carbon737 LawnSite Member

I assume this is not a sub.... If the builders demo is still there I would talk to the propery manager and ask to place flyerand or info pertaining to your company and what you have to offer. I also suggest you network with other companies with services you do not offer. This way you will have your foot a little more in the door.
    Good Luck'
  3. KINGjosh

They buy the land and then they have to find thier own biulder. That is what this pest guy said I was talking to.
  4. KINGjosh

Is there no way of finding adress's on line? Without out even knowing the street adress?

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

They have a guard on duty for 2 residents?

There's most likely a separate construction entrance for this place, they are not taking heavy equipment and dump trucks thru the gate and tearing the entrance up. But it's better to do it right. I would inquire at the gate, maybe they'll let you leave a few business cards or flyers.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, I would ask at the gate. They should have some type of # or contact for you to inquire about
  7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

this is not an insult, so please don't get upset,
    but be very careful with gammer and spelling if you do any mailings. these people are more than like very well educated and will notice is something is spelled like crudentials.

i would suggest getting in tough with the homeowners association and presenting them with your credentals, etc.
    they can then put you on an "approved" contractor list.
    if it is a new neighborhood that has not yet formed an association, then you should contact the developer.
  8. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

just an idea...before the gate I would imagine there are realtor signs somewhere close by or at the gate area. Personally , I would call the realty company and see if they can help you get connected to the right people. Sometimes homeowner assoc's dont get up and running until after more than a few homes are occupied.
    If you are lucky enough to find one of the realty persons who will help you that would be great...but...dont be surprised if the real estate agents blow you off. Put on your thick skin and see if you can get your foot in door.
  9. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, but I couldn't resist a post about grammar and spelling with grammar and spelling errors. :p :p :p
  10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah me too! But it is funny. Not only did he misspell "grammar" that he was getting on this guy for but he even mispelled the word that he was getting on to him for misspelling!