1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

marketing Virginia

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MasScape, Jan 14, 2013.

1. MasScape

MasScape LawnSite Senior Member

I was getting everything ready to start my part time landscape company that I was hoping to build up slowly. As of this week, I was laid off from my top level management job at this areas big landscape build company for bull reasons but I wont get into that. So I guess I will be full time and put my experience and education to work for myself.

I have been in commercial and high end build for years. I am very knowledgable about marketing methods but never directly marketed door to door. When should this be started in Central Virginia because I do understand timing is everything. Anyone out there work in VA that could help me out with this question?

2. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in Virginia beach I'm gonna start avertising the last week of February and beginning of march
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. MasScape

MasScape LawnSite Senior Member

Also was figuring out billing. Also anyone in central Virginia that came give me a general start mowing date and end date...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. QCTW

QCTW LawnSite Member

Any interest in working for an established local landscape company instead of going out on your own?

5. NOVAMowing

NOVAMowing LawnSite Member

I will be going full time on 3/13/2013 here in NOVA.

6. burnsyscapes

burnsyscapes LawnSite Member

Where in Fairfax are ya? I'm in centreville