1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Marketing Your organic company

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Keegan, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Just wondering how everyone markets their company. Do you use anything that is eye catching?

Myself- I have an ad in the local paper, business cards with me all the time, brochures, referral syatem with current clients, and my best is word of mouth.

2. CletusT

CletusT LawnSite Member

Do you have a GOOD ad in the phone book/yellow pages?

3. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I don't use the yellow pages anymore. It's a huge waste of money.

4. tadhussey

tadhussey LawnSite Senior Member

What about "Google Maps" or any other online services? I would agree that the paper versions of Yellow pages would provide very little return these days, unless you're trying to capture an older demographic (senior citizens that don't like computers). I know that when I need a local service, I typically google it, along with the name of my city. This will turn up a bunch of results and I go from there.

Another thing that some local companies have done is will be to put a sign in the yard of their customers that says something to the effect of "This lawn/property is 100% organic and pesticide free, cared for by Jones Lawncare 555-5555"

We also have some local guys that will give the first few compost tea applications at a reduced price and then when people like the results they get them on a program.