marketing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by suprman9019er, May 19, 2005.

1. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

How much to do you guys all advertise and market once the season has started???

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'll be advertising threw out the year to get my name out since its our first year. I'm waiting on 2000 door hangers to be printed and they'll be going out, then another 5000 in a couple weeks. Its a hard first year for me, don't have nearly enough weekly customers just one time jobs like mulch, shrub trimming, lawn repairs. I'm thinking in the next few weeks is when people will start to look for a new company if their current company isn't doing a good job so I think I'll be picking up some then.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi suprman9019er,

kc2006 created a really nice door hanger that is designed to be used mid season and he has been nice enough to share it with us all. Click here for the download page.

Preview:

[​IMG]

4. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

I service an area that has around 30,000 households. After a lot of trial and error I've finally come up with a really effective mailer that people don't forget. I want to grow my company to 5 crews over the next five years so....

Regardlless of the season I will be mailing out 10,000 mailers per month, year round. The mailer design will stay the same every time. This way every household will get my mailer 4 times per year. I also am going to be changing all signage on vehicles and equipment to match my mailers and my new yellow pages ad will look exactly the same as my mailer. The idea is to make my company the most recognizable well known tree company in the area. I want people to automatically think of Eager Beaver Tree Care any time they think of tree work. I don't think that there is ever a bad time to advertise.