Marketing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GSMOSS, Dec 7, 2007.

1. GSMOSS

GSMOSS LawnSite Member

HAS ANYONE USED 1-800-LAWNCUT FOR MARKETING ASSISTANCE? THIS IS A DIVISION OF THE SYNERGETIC MARKETING COMPANY(http://www.synergeticllc.com/) AND I ATTENDED A PRESENTATION ON YESTERDAY. JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE USED THEM, WAS IT WORTH THE INVESTMENT?

2. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

no way too much money for what you get?? I guess if you have no capacity to figure out your own marketing than it might work... What's the secret? Just put your name out there. It's not rocket science.

3. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

Why are you SHOUTING?

4. GSMOSS

GSMOSS LawnSite Member

Sorry, just had the caps set for other stuff and did not change it.

5. GSMOSS

GSMOSS LawnSite Member

I don't what that is suppose to mean when you said, "I guess if you have no capacity to figure out your own marketing " Well whatever it means I have put my name out there as I have grown my business by 101% this past year. What I am moving for with the 1-800 LAWNCUT number is an easy to remember number for anyone who sees it. I think it is a good idea since it is a nationwide number. Let's say that someone from California moves to one of the 19 zip codes in my service area, and he was happy with thea company that had the same number. He would probably check to see if he could find that same number in his new location. And there it is something he trusts and will call.
    The potential for growth is large I believe and I was just trying to see if anyone else has had any success that they were willing to share. You are right that is not rocket science, but someone who specializes in the marketing feild will surely be able to help find what works and give you ideas that you did not think of. I hope that I did not sound like a salesman here but there you go.

6. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

why does it sound like your simply advertising this and your the owner? are you? do you really cut lawns?

7. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

It won't work like you stated b/c the "franchise" does not have standards associated with it. When you go into Macdonald's or taco bell etc. you know they are all the same no matter what. The 1800 stuff has no set standards that all members must use as a guide. One operator may be great while the other is horrible. I acquired a 1800 lawn mow from a business that I bought and have thought of it as completely throwing away my money. Not much support only time they call is to say I owe them money. It costs 350 a month that's about 140 mows at 30 bucks just to pay for the rights. Then they want you to order advertising material from them at a much higher price than vista or other online printers. You keep you company name but have the 1800 name as well. ???:hammerhead: I don't understand that one. They give you "exclusive" territories yet they also own 1800 lawn cut which happened to become a service provider in my "exclusive territory" this year. I understand the concept of a franchise and in some circumstances it works great see Macdonald's etc. but the lawn care market is what around 30 billion and last time I checked True green was the leader at 2 billion. This industry is too fragmented to really use the franchise approach. If it wasn't flyer's wouldn't be as effective. As far as I am concerned it is a ripoff for anyone that is already running a lawn business. If you are new and don't know where or how to start it might be helpful but it is a large price to pay and that is why I canceled it. I can spend my 4200 per year much better. Good luck:waving:

8. GSMOSS

GSMOSS LawnSite Member

Hey colawn I really appreciate yu getting back to me and helping me to understand where you are coming from. I like the pounding it in :)hammerhead:) piece. That was a great way to drive it home. This one is $149 per month and after your help. I may have to reevaluate this.

9. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

Sure thing. It might work for you but if you have any idea of what you are doing there is not need to waste 1788 a year for this in my opinion. I received no value from being a "franchise". I just cannot stand to pay for things when there is no value. I might as well go use that money as a down payment on a mower of new trailer or something I can actually use. :dancing: I hope it all works out for you.

10. DISTURBEDSMR

DISTURBEDSMR LawnSite Member

I use it here in florida just started but already got 2 calls and two contracts for full service account. The price is alot to swallow I have 18 zip codes but I service the vice pres. house on my route so I pay like 40 dollars. The yard posting signs are easy to see driving by and the 1-800-lawn-cut stands out on them will keep you posted on response.