Marketing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Southern Roots NC, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Southern Roots NC

Southern Roots NC LawnSite Member

This spring and summer will be our first season in business. I was wondering what's the best way to market our new business. I'm planning on ordering close to 1000 door hangers and pass them out through all the high end neighborhoods. What's the best time of year to pass door hangers and flyers???

2. AA+ landscaping

AA+ landscaping LawnSite Member

I have never had luck with door hangers. I have rung door bells, talked to people just didn't have luck handed out over a 1000 just no luck. I think it just doesn't look professional. In the summer I will see hundreds of then on mailboxes, on doors, and blowing around like litter.

3. Southern Roots NC

Southern Roots NC LawnSite Member

So what do you recommend??

4. JSMLAWNCARE

JSMLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I would put your business logo on the side of the truck. That is where I get most of my business. However, before you make that step. Make sure your vehicle is insured under a commercial policy and you have liability insurance.

5. AA+ landscaping

I like to do post cards. I sent you a pm

6. rnd

rnd LawnSite Member

visit our website at rndsigns.com, we are offering discounts on all of our promotional materials which includes door hangers, postcards, brochures, statement stuffers and newsletters. We have over hundreds of images to choose from that are exclusive to the green industry.

Also download for FREE our marketing handbook and planner that has helpful tips

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Marketing is all about saturation. Pick a particular area that is managable and saturate it with your presence. If you do 1000 door hangers in an area, get signage for your truck. See if there are neeighborhood newsletters for that area and advretise in them. Usually they are just a monthly publication and only charge $20 or $30 to advertise in them (at least the ones around here do). Get yourself 25 or 50 18"x24" yard signs and put them in the area. Order some blackburn flags to put in the area as well. Just flood the area with YOU!

8. AA+ landscaping

He is right. Do the postcards in the area that you will spend the most time in. Like he said flood the area. I hate to seeing guys on here saying I sent a 1000 flyers and didn't get 1 call. Its about repetition the more they see your logo/you the they will think of you.

9. walker-talker

from Midwest

I have tried a couple times of doing 1-time mailings or inserts to monthly news letters with zero to little sucess. A couple years later I did a postcard campaign. Sent out 2500 postcards x2 to a specific market. Although I had increased sucess, it was still nowhere near what a person would want.

10. walker-talker

from Midwest

I would say you best investment right now would be a book called Guerilla Marketing. Trust me, it will not disappoint.