1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Marking dye

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by williams lcm, Dec 5, 2012.

1. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

The stuff I'm using isn't quite that concentrated. I mix it at one ounce per gallon, and it comes out just right. All the same reasoning for using it though. It helps both the customer and myself see what's been sprayed. I'd consider it a win-win.

2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

we just use turf markers here no dye.

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

If Lesco is one of your suppliers, look at their concentrate, essentially a pint bottle is equal to a gallon of regular turf market dye. You should pay the same or just slightly more and you do not have to carry around a big jug.

Also , William, just a FYI , what I have found other than time and sunlight to help clean it up, Lesco's Tank cleaner. Cost about $10 and I keep some in my house by my bathroom sink in case I get any on my hands throughout the day. Combine that with a lava bar or orange pumice scrub or your choice and it will come right off your hands etc.

4. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Can you use the marker on paver drives and concrete drives?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

You can -- but expect it to show for a day or two...warn your clients to save a phone call. When doing the pavers in the drive we narrow the stream and essentially go right on top on the weed so as to limit the amount of blue left.
    Again this lets them know that you have been there, in a weird way it draws neighbors attention as well. I have actually picked up two accounts because the neighbor cam out to see what blue stuff I was putting down. I explained it and they asked for a quote and informed me that their current guy was not nearly as meticulous with weed control. Worked out well for me.

6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't want blue dye in my yard or on my driveway, there has to be some level of trust.