Marking Paint

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MarcusLndscp, Jul 12, 2006.

1. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Hey all!

Just wondering what you all use for marking paint. What brand? I'm fed up with the Lesco paint all it does is clog and half way through the can it loses it's color. The problem seems to be more prominent in the orange paint than the blue or white but those colors aren't always the best visibility wise.

At a place I use to work we used something called "Power Cartridge" or "Power Paint" or "Power Cartridge Paint" or something like that and it was great.

Any thoughts?
  2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

We buy it by the can at the local lumberyard... Probably not the most cost effective way. It's the DoIt Best brand.

The stuff that AM Leonard sells is decent paint:

edit: I think this stuff says "guaranteed not to clog"!! :D
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We've tried just about everything, and have the same problems. Last stuff I bought said "guaranteed not to clog" right on the can. Needless to say we didn't get through half the can before it did.
  4. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

!!!$37.99 Per Can?!?!?!?
  5. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe that's case (12) quantity.
  6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

i still buy the cheapest thing i can. Before the can gets that far we will loose it or someone picks it up. By the way my last bobcat we ran over a can, what a mess. That **** stayed on the side of my machine for 2 years. I wish bobcat used that stuff to paint with because there oem paint isnt worth crap.
  7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

While on the subject - be sure to factor in the cost of 1 can of paint for each job. Every job we do, 1-2 cans is line itemed on the job cost sheet.
  8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

whatever they have a Lowe's or Home issues except for orange fingers
  9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Rustoleum professional inverted marking spray.

I don't use the "wand" thing, I prefer to bend over, but I've never had a can clog on me that simply turning it right side up didn't fix.

It also fades away after about 2 wks, which is good for us, as people don't like looking at marking paint in the middle of their yard forever.

My only complaint on how little paint is in the cans for their price. We usually go through 2-3 per job.

In the Captian Obvious deparment, shaking the can first does work wonders :laugh:
  10. orionkf

orionkf LawnSite Member

Rustoleum from a box store. Same problem with fading towards the end, but no clogging.