Marking Paint

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tthomass, Oct 18, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Where do you buy yours and how much do you pay?

Lowe's? Home Depot? Rental store?
  2. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

I don't do hardscaping, but i have a few cans for misc. stuff. Mine was like 4 bucks a can, and it is "suppossed" to not clog for 10 years. I guess we'll see in 9 more. But it still works. I get my from Standard Concrete, which is the local hardscape dealer, EP Henry, stone, dirt, etc.

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

$4-$7 is what I see. I just don't see why its so dang expensive. Should be like $2 each max......its waste paint, we're not painting an object we're trashing it.
  4. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

I can get a case of twelve for $30 at my supply store.
  5. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

AM Leonard, about $30 per case for paint and $35 per case for spray chalk. You need to call and speak with an account manager, I usually speak with Nancy Rudy and she makes great deals.

6. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

I had a guy call me on the phone like 4 years ago and sell marking paint. it was like 4 cases for $100 or so and they threw in a wand sprayer. i didn't need paint for like two seasons. wish i could remember who it was. we just buy it buy the case as HD or Lowes now.
  7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I'd be happy to find a good bulk deal on marking paint and string line. Seems to be the 2 things i forget to work into my estimates!!!
  8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We pay $2.50/ can when buying it by the case. I usually go through about 15-20 cases per year.

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i also cannot find a good price on marking paint.... $5.25/can here
  10. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

I use to buy it at a discount tool store called cummins for $2.50 for each semi clogged can but still worked fine. To bad they closed. $4-$5 at HD & lowes now.