Maruyama any good?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stockie, Mar 16, 2001.

1. stockie

stockie LawnSite Member

Hey guys whats up
    Well i have looked to you in the past and got some good advice and now i need some more. I went out and priced some string trimmers today and found some Maruyama's. I have never used this brand, but of course the salesman says they are great and loaded me up with stories on how companies come in and buy one, then come back next week and buy 4 more. Are they really a decent trimmer for the $, which is $239.I know the red max is better but its an extra $80 and i could really use that $80 on somethin else. Thanx alot

2. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I run Maruyama exclusively for all handheld equipement. I absolutely love it. Have had their 32 cc line trimmer for 4 years and have had no problems. Paid 500 for it but compared to the Echo stuff I used to run that was in the shop all the time it is worth every penny. I also run a double edge hedge trimmer, backpack blower and handheld blower. All Maruyama. Check out their 4 cycle string trimmer.

Ben

3. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I've been useing the Maruyama for years. I run the multi-cutter, I can trim, edge, trim bushes and even prune tree limbs with it, but the attachments are expensive. Which machine was priced at $239?

4. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I used to use Husqvarna trimmers only. 122L and 125L or 125R. They were made by Maruyama, and were awesome. There's not a dealer near me for Maruyama, so I switched to Redmax for all 2 cycle.

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

I like Maruyama equipment but a tad heavy for my bad arm. Thus, I use Shindawa. But, M's will go the distance for you.

6. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the same boat as eslawns. The first trimmers we bought were Husqvarna and the 122L was made by Maruyama. I have nothing but praise for this unit! We dogged the tar out of it for 2 years and then went to Red Max 2300's when husky discontinued it from there line. The machine lost compression and got tired but started and ran good for it's age. I would consider purchasing another Maruyama made product in the future. Everyone is pretty much partial to there brand just buy something with a good name and have a parts stocking dealer nearby, good luck! P.S. check out trimmers online at alamia.com

7. stockie

stockie LawnSite Member

thanx alot guys
    the one i priced for 239 was the BC2300 trimmer Good deal?

8. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I'll call my dealer and let you know, hes usually $100 bucks higher than anybody else LOL!

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

A lot of people still use it sure dont help there
    work quality though.DUH did i miss unerstand.

10. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member

BC 2300, is this the straight shaft? If yes that is an excellent price. Retails normally around $300. Long life machines and very well worth the money.